Search This Blog

Sunday, January 3, 2010

O Tannenbaum...


I was determined to keep Christmas going until Twelfth Night, in the good old tradition. But Twelfth Night is next Wednesday, right in the middle of the work week. So I decided today was the day, and I de-trimmed, de-lighted (not as fun as it sounds...) and put both my yard tree and the indoor tree, plus two wreaths, out for pickup at the curb.

But I definitely had a moment with the indoor tree. A Noble Fir - the first I think I've bought - the tree was elegantly proportioned, just the right height to fit in my front bay window, with regularly spaced limbs and no worrying sparse areas. And the needles have this amazing bluey-green underside, so that from below, each branch looks frosted. Untrimmed, destined to move out the door for good, it appealed to me and I truly saw it as a blessing, not a needle-shedding nuisance.

I said goodbye formally, and took a last picture of the perfect, beautiful and fancy needles.

No comments:

Post a Comment