But the fact is, it's not about being high, in love, or at the apex of a career. I had a bliss moment today as I came home from work, and I want to explain how it felt, and what the components were.
Still with me? Maybe once you figured out there wasn't a hot, monkey-sex scene, you tuned out.
Here's what added up to a bliss moment for me at around 6:27 pm Pacific Standard Time today, August 4, 2010.
- I spent a few hours this morning feeding breakfast to and otherwise entertaining my four-year-old twin grandchildren, Tess and Jack.
- While with the twins, I was on a conference call with a world-class new client, San Jose Rep.
- I had a meeting with an important business-development client, and we spent about half the time talking about our favorite British TV programs, especially comedies. "Yes, Minister"? "Vicar of Dibley"? "Blackadder"? Anyone?
- The awesome team I have -- Jodi, a well-respected journalist and editor, and Jen, a bleeding-edge social media expert -- met with me and our e-marketing partner to move a very complicated proposal forward.It worked! I know what I have to do!
- I'm coming home to a clean house. Thanks, Robin!
- My daughter - the mom of twins -- wants to go to a movie with me this weekend.
- The weather: during my two moments of exposure, about 6 am at 6:35 pm -- it was heavenly... a cloudless sky, light breeze, about 72 degrees F. OMG, San Jose is the place you go when you die if you've been really, really good.
- I'm going to have steak and a sweet potato for dinner. And maybe a little Martini with extra olives.
So that's what it takes. And you know, I'm totally ok with that.